Saturday, August 13, 2011

Introducing a rescue Persian to our year old Himi?

Today we rescued a 4 month old male intact Persian. We have a year old female, spayed Himalayan. At first we set the carrier down and let our Himi see the Persian. They didnt have a super bad reaction but it wasnt love at first sight. The persian is know in the guest bedroom, door shut while our Himi still has run of the house. I have the carrier open in the living room. She has been inside it on her own and smelled it. She wont have anything to do with me. She hisses at me and whines anytime I go near her. She paws at me and its making me so sad!!!!! I want to make sure this is a success and Im nervous about introductions. The persian we rescued has his claws while our Himi does not. The Persian seems to have no anxiety about being in a new place. He is eating, drinking and using the litter box. He met our boxer and everything was fine with them. He jumps in my lap when I go into the room and just purrrrs it up. I can brush him and pick him up. He is very loving and friendly. Any tips or suggestions to making this a smooth process? Anything I should know or expect? I just want to have them live in peace and hopefully be friends. We are in an apartment and I fear there isnt enough room for two cats who dont get along. Please no negative comments. We did this cat a favor taking it out of the situation it was in.

No comments:

Post a Comment